i don’t understand why everyone makes such a fuss over a goddamn shoulder shake
but it’s all right for morgana to shoot down perfectly innocent citizens - at the time, her people - in an attempt to gain loyalty.
I’m not sure…
I think most fans would agree that it was not ok for Arthur to put his hands on Gwen in anger, and yet so many of these same fans are actually offended when you say as much. This really, really frustrates me. Pointing out bad behavior =/= character bashing.
And it’s true that Arthur has been abusive to Merlin in the past (slapping him, throwing things at him, etc), and as much as fandom likes to interpret this abuse as sexual tension or “boys being boys”, that shit has NEVER been ok to me either. And I don’t think I’m being at all unfair to Arthur in saying so.
IDK…does being a fan of a character (and I’m still an Arthur fan) mean NEVER, EVER uttering a critical word about them? (Obviously this is a rhetorical question…) I feel like this is the expectation (in all fandoms, actually).
- onetruefairytale likes this
- flaffles likes this
- onceandfuturebradley likes this
- madhdler likes this
- madhdler reblogged this from withkissesfour and added:
- blaineandersonscooper reblogged this from oswinnponds
- biliousgreen likes this
- magicalembrace said: But Morgana is *evil* so clearly it is okay that she do that. :| I can’t even say that with a straight face. Seriously? I wonder how they would react if Gwen had shook Arthur.
- notimelikepresent likes this
- jammeke likes this
- cantorii said: Let’s all take the nice suggestion given by one fine Ronald Bilius Weasley, and sort out our priorities!
- lemonysnicketing likes this
- a-arontveits likes this
- badgermoles likes this
- spectacularshamwow likes this
- shercockled likes this
- assleyfosterhasmoved likes this